Arlington Community rooms and Kitchen Project
Before the pandemic we served lunch for our community monthly as a social event which was enjoyed by many especially the elderly and carers, and during school holidays local families.
We have been approached to team up with Cotswold friends (perhaps put a link in here) to help tackle rural social isolation which is our plan, but we need to renovate our facilities and here is what is happening soon .....
- A new car park with disabled spaces, and disabled access into the building.
- A new Catering kitchen in line with health and hygiene regulations.
- New disabled friendly bathroom facilities and modernisation of existing facility.
- External wall Insulation and double glazing throughout community rooms to improve green footprint.
- Internal ramps and widening of doorways for open access throughout.
- Re-decoration, to become a more friendly and welcoming space for users, and adding new tables.
Our vision …..
- To offer a weekly meeting place with food/lunch, a hub, offering support and information for the local community with parking for elderly and disabled, to offer a meal delivery service for the elderly and housebound